FIX: Wrong List of Object Names for Access OLEDB Connections
This article was previously published under Q224939
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The Recordset DTC displays the incorrect list of object names in the "Object Name" drop-down when there are multiple Access connections using JET 3.51 within the same project.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
This bug was corrected in Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3. For more information about Visual Studio service packs, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Create a new Web project with Visual Interdev.
- Add connections to two Access databases using the JET 3.51 OLE DB driver. Verify that the correct tables are displayed for each database in the Data View.
- Add an ASP page and drop a Recordset DTC onto it.
- Select the second connection (the second one in the Data View) on the Recordset DTC.
- Choose the "Object Name" drop-down to display the list of object names for the database tables.
The tables for the first connection are listed.
Article ID: 224939 - Last Review: 02/21/2014 00:35:31 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 Standard Edition, Microsoft Data Access Components 2.5
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbctrl kbdatabase kbfix kbjet kbvs600sp3fix KB224939