MS11-049: Description of the security update for Visual Studio 2005 SP1: June 14, 2011
- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
More information about this security update
Release informationAugust 9, 2011: This security update was re-released to target additional products. No additional changes were made.
Known issues with this security update
- When you try to install this security update, you may receive an error message that contains a "66a" error code. For more information about how to resolve this problem, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2650544 FIX: Error code "66a" when you install security update 2251481 in Visual Studio 2005 SP1 by using Microsoft Update
- If you run Visual Studio Premier Partner Edition (PPE), this security update will be listed in the Programs and Features item in Control Panel as follows:Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite – RUS (KB2251481)
- When you install this security update on a computer that does not have Visual Studio 2005 installed, you receive a message that states that the update is not applicable. When you close the message, you receive an error message.
- When you try to install this security update (which was re-released August 9, 2011) by using Microsoft Update, you may receive an error code "66a." This error occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Premier Partner Edition SP1 installed on the computer.
- You have the original security update 2251481 offered by MS11-049 (released in June 2011) successfully installed on the computer.
- To resolve this problem for a single computer, uninstall the original security update 2251481 that was released in June 2011, and then install the security update 2251481 that was rereleased in August 2011.
To uninstall the original security update 2251481 that was released in June 2011, use the Add or Remove Programs item or the Programs and Features item in Control Panel. The security update is listed as follows:Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite - ESN (KB2251481)
- To resolve this problem for several computers, use one of the following methods:
- Create a command-line script that silently uninstalls the June release of security update 2251481, and then use Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server to install the August release. For more information about how to uninstall a product by using Msiexec command-line options, visit the following Microsoft webpage:
- Configure WSUS so that it declines the new security update offering. For more information, visit the following Microsoft webpage:
- Create a new WSUS group that ignores the new security update offering, and then move all the current computers to the new group.For more information, visit the following Microsoft webpage:
File informationThe English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time and with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 2251481 - Last Review: 07/18/2012 18:56:00 - Revision: 6.0
- atdownload kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbsecbulletin kbsecurity kbsecvulnerability KB2251481