Messages are not archived when the archiving service stops if you select the “Shut down server if archiving fails” option in Office Communications Server 2007 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You enable Archiving on the front-end server in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2, and then you select the Shut down server if archiving fails option.
- The archiving service stops on the archiving server.
- The front-end services are still running before the critical mode timer causes the services to stop.
- Office Communicator clients that are enabled for archiving send messages between the time when the archiving service stops and the time when the front-end services stop.
In this scenario, these messages are not archived.
This issue occurs if the failure time of the archiving service is greater than the value of the ReachQueue timer, which is used for critical mode archiving.
To fix this problem, install the following cumulative update:
Description of cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: July, 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the latest updates for Communications Server 2007 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updates for Communications Server 2007 R2
Article ID: 2262272 - Last Review: 07/22/2010 16:24:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Standard Edition
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB2262272