Error when you try to run the Azure Active Directory Sync Tool Configuration Wizard: "The user name must be provided in valid UPN format"
When you try to run the Microsoft Azure Active Directory Sync Tool Configuration Wizard, you receive the following error message:
The user name must be provided in valid UPN format.
This issue may occur if you didn't use the correct format when you entered your admin credentials.
To resolve this issue, use the following format when you enter your user name:
For example, enter your user name as in one of the following examples:
Article ID: 2266213 - Last Review: 12/12/2014 03:22:00 - Revision: 37.0
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Intune
- CRM Online via Office 365 E Plans
- Microsoft Azure Recovery Services
- Office 365 Identity Management
- o365 o365a o365e o365m o365022013 KB2266213