You cannot print multiple documents by using a DHTMLEdit control in Internet Explorer 8
Consider the following scenario:
- You have an application that hosts a DHTMLEdit control.
- You load some HTML content into the DHTMLEdit control.
- You try to print multiple documents in Windows Internet Explorer 8 by using the DHTMLEdit control.
In this scenario, the print job fails. Additionally, you receive a "Permission Denied" error message that resembles the following:
An error has occurred in the script on this page… Line: <Line number>… Char: <Char number>… Error: Permission denied… Code: 0… URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js
This issue does not occur when you print one document at a time.
Security update information
To resolve this problem, install the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft website: Note
This update was first included in security update 2497640 (MS11-018). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS11-018: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
Article ID: 2276826 - Last Review: 04/12/2011 16:58:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB2276826