Magnifier Accessibility Tool Starts Automatically in Windows
This article was previously published under Q227745
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you restart Windows, the Magnifier Accessibility tool may start automatically.
This issue can occur if you do not close the Magnifier Accessibility tool before you shut down Windows.
To work around this issue, close the Magnifier Accessibility tool before you restart Windows. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then click Task Manager.
- Click Magnify.exe, and then click End Task.
This behavior is by design.
If the Magnify Accessibility tool is running when you shut down Windows, the Magnify.exe program name is added to the following registry key:
Article ID: 227745 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 14:04:12 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbnofix KB227745