When you log on to a Windows 2000 computer, you may receive the following message:
You may also receive this message for any of the following Event Logs:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer.
- Click the System Log file, or the log file on your computer that is full.
- On the Action menu, click Save Log File As.
- In the Save In box, click the folder where you want to save the log file, type a name for your log file in the File Name box, and then click Save.
- On the Action menu, click Clear All Events, and then close Event Viewer.
- Close Control Panel.
You can configure the Event Viewer tool to automatically clear older event information. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Event Viewer, click Properties on the Action menu.
- Click either Overwrite Events As Needed or Overwrite events older than n days, and then click OK. If you click Overwrite events older than n days, you can type or select the number of days you want in the Overwrite events older than n days spin box.
: You can also type or select a number in the Maximum Log Size
spin box to increase or decrease the log file size.
Article ID: 227896 - Last Review: February 23, 2007 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
|kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB227896|