OFF2000: Error Message: Error 1316 Running Setup for Administrative Installation
This article was previously published under Q228592
When you run Setup to create an administrative installation of Office, you may receive the following error message:
Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: drive:\Install.msi
is the drive letter that is assigned to your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
If you have a beta version of Office on the computer where you are running Setup for the administrative installation, you may receive this error message.
To prevent this error message from appearing, do either of the following:
- Perform the administrative installation from a computer that does not have a beta version of Office installed. -or-
- Remove the beta version of Office before you perform the administrative installation.
To remove the beta version of Office, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Double-click Office 2000 product in the list, (where Office 2000 product is the edition that you want to remove).
- Click Remove Office in the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance Mode dialog box.
- Click Yes to the prompt that confirms your choice to remove Office.
For more articles about how to troubleshoot specific errors in Office Setup:
For more articles with general information about how to troubleshoot Office errors:
Article ID: 228592 - Last Review: 01/24/2007 02:55:18 - Revision: 3.1
Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- kbbug kberrmsg kbnofix kbsetup KB228592