Files Are Not Deleted From Recycler Folder
NOTE: You cannot view these files using Windows Explorer, My Computer, or the Recycle Bin.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Change to the drive and folder where you deleted the files.For example if you deleted a file from the C:\Windows folder, type cd\windows at the C: prompt, and then press ENTER.
- From that folder type cd recycler, and then press ENTER.
- From the Recycler folder type dir, and then press ENTER. You may see some UserSID folders where SID is the security ID for each user who deleted files in that folder.
- Type cd userSID, and then press ENTER.
- Type del *.*, and then press ENTER.If you receive an error message that indicates some files are open, quit all the programs running on your computer.
- Type cd.., press ENTER, and then repeat steps 5-7 for each folder in the Recycler folder.
- Type exit, and then press ENTER.
Article ID: 229041 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 14:11:36 - Revision: 1.1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdiskmemory kbenv kbprb KB229041