INFO: Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme: Part 8 - SourceSafe
This article was previously published under Q230732
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This Readme file contains updated information for the entire Microsoft Visual Studio suite of developer tools. If you downloaded a Core service pack from the Internet, not all sections of this file apply to the updates you received. The fixed issues appropriate for the Core downloads are those listed in the Visual Studio section plus the sections for the products updated by your Core download.
The Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3 Readme contains the following sections:
PART 1: Overview and Installation
PART 2: Visual Studio
PART 3: Visual Basic
PART 4: Visual C++
PART 5: Visual FoxPro
PART 6: Visual InterDev
PART 7: Visual J++
PART 8: Visual SourceSafe
PART 9: File Versions
For the latest product information, see the Visual Studio Web site at:
For the latest product updates, see the Visual Studio Support Highlights site at:
You can also call 1-888-MSFT-Y2K within the United States, toll-free, or contact your local Microsoft subsidiary.
Please see the REFERENCES section below for more information about how to access the parts of this readme.
Microsoft Visual SourceSafeThe following Visual SourceSafe issues have been fixed in Service Pack 3:
- 196599 VSS 6.0 hangs when issuing a Get on a Label from the History dialog.
- 197050 "Get" by Label of subproject of labeled $/ by a VSS 6.0 client on a VSS 5.0 format database results in "Version not found," and nothing is retrieved.
- VSS 6.0 Analyze Utility crashes with access violation.
- VSS 6.0 Show difference window is giving errors. In the VSS 6.0 Show Difference window, several operational bugs were reported that resulted in erroneous information being displayed and valid operations not being performed. Many of these reported display problems with the Show Difference window have been fixed in this service pack.
For more information about the Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 readme, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
230722 Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme Part 1 - Overview and Installation
230724 Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme Part 2 - Visual Studio
230726 Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme Part 3 - Visual Basic
230727 Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme Part 4 - Visual C++
230729 Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme Part 5 - Visual FoxPro
230730 Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme Part 6 - Visual InterDev
230731 Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme Part 7 - Visual J++
230733 Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 Readme Part 9 - File Versions
Article ID: 230732 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 19:50:08 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB230732