How to reset registry settings to their default values for Office 2000
This article was previously published under Q231430
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article explains how to use the Office Profile Wizard (OPW) to reset the Microsoft Office 2000 registry settings to their default values.
In earlier versions of Microsoft Office, such as Microsoft Office 7.0 and Microsoft Office 97, it is possible to restore the default registry settings by running the Microsoft Office Setup program using the "/y" and "/r" switches, as in the following example:
Setup.exe /y /rIn Microsoft Office 2000, these Setup switches are no longer available. However, it is possible to use the Office Profile Wizard to reset registry settings to their default values.
To install the Office Profile Wizard:
- Using your Web browser, go to the following address:
- Install Orktools.exe by double-clicking it and following the on-screen instructions.
- Quit any Microsoft Office programs that are running.
- On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Office Tools, point to Microsoft Office 2000 Resource Kit Tools, and click Profile Wizard.
- Click Next.
- Click the Restore previously saved settings option button. Select the Reset to defaults before restoring settings check box. Make sure that there is no file name shown in the Edit box. Then click Finish.
- When you receive the message You have not specified a settings file to be restored, but you have selected "Reset to defaults before restoring settings." This will restore the Office default settings on this computer. Are you sure you want to continue?click Yes.
- When you receive the message You have completed the Profile Wizard. The default Office Settings were restored.click Exit.
For information about how to restore default registry settings in earlier versions of Microsoft Office, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
137391 Setup switches for Office 7.0
Article ID: 231430 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 14:28:37 - Revision: 2.2
Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition, Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition, Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition, Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsettings kbregistry kbwizard kbsetup kbhowto KB231430