The XFinity Toolbar is not compatible with Internet Explorer 8
Fix the problem automatically
- This automatic fix will disable the XFinity Toolbar for you.
- This wizard may be only in English. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not using the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD and then run the fix on the computer that has the problem.
- If you would rather fix this problem yourself, follow steps in the "Fix the problem manually" section.
Fix the problem manuallyTo resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:
Method 1: Update your softwareDownload the new version of the add-on that will work with Internet Explorer 8. To do this, visit the following Web site:
Find it on a third party site
Method 2: Disable the add-onTo do this, follow these steps:
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window.
- When you see the message that states “Manage add-ons” for the XFinity Toolbar, Click Always open Internet Explorer without this add-on. The add-on will not be loaded again, and Internet Explorer 8 will work without any issues.
Note When you click Always open Internet Explorer without this add-on, the add-on is disabled and is not loaded when you start Internet Explorer.
Video: How to disable an add-on in Internet Explorer
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 2321301 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 09/10/2013 03:09:00 - Αναθεώρηση: 27.0
- kbcip kbmsifixme kbfixme kbvideocontent KB2321301