Load Balancing Telnet with WLBS
This article was previously published under Q232141
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to load balance Telnet using Windows NT Load Balancing Service (WLBS).
To load balance Telnet:
- Configure a port rule on all cluster hosts with a port range from 23 to 23, and choose TCP as the protocol.
- Click Multiple Hosts, and then click None for the Affinity value.
: A Telnet session spans just one TCP connection, so Affinity is not needed.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Configure WLBS Port Rules
Article ID: 232141 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 00:27:19 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Load Balancing Service
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB232141