Stretch Option for Desktop Background Is Missing
This article was previously published under Q234156
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The Stretch setting may be missing in the Display box on the Background tab in Display properties. Only the Tile and Center settings may be listed in the Display box.
This behavior can occur if the TweakUI tool is installed and the Active Desktop is not enabled.
If you do not want to use the Active Desktop, use the following workaround:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the TweakUI icon.
- Click the IE4 tab.
- Click to select the Active Desktop check box.
- Click Apply.
- Right-click on a empty area of the desktop, and then click Properties.
- Click the Background tab.
- In the Display box, click Stretch, and then click OK.
- In the TweakUI dialog box, click to clear the Active Desktop check box.
- Click OK.
Microsoft Product Support Services Desktop Systems does not support the installation or usage of the TweakUI program or any of its components.
TweakUI is included with Microsoft Windows 98 Power Toys and is located on the Windows 98 CD-ROM in the Tools\Reskit\Powertoy folder.
Article ID: 234156 - Last Review: 01/09/2015 21:50:27 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kbprb KB234156