You cannot view Outlook.com messages in Outlook 2000
This article was previously published under Q234704
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft Outlook, unlike Microsoft Outlook Express, does not have an option to use Outlook.com e-mail accounts. The "Resolution" section provides a work around to access an Outlook.com account.
Outlook does not support the integration of Outlook.com e-mail accounts.
You can view your Outlook.com e-mail in Outlook by creating a hotmail folder and then associating a Web view of that folder that points to the Outlook.com Web site.
NOTE: The technique outlined in the steps below can be used to view messages from any Web-based e-mail provider, including Yahoo, Lycos, Excite and others.
Creating a Hotmail Folder
- On the View menu, click Folder List to turn on the Folder List.
- Right-click Outlook Today, and then click New Folder. Name the folder Hotmail and then click OK. Your Folder List should now include a Hotmail mail items folder.
Associating the Hotmail Folder with the Outlook.com Web Site
- In the Folder List, right-click the Hotmail folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Home Page tab, type http://www.outlook.com in the Address box.
- Click to select Show home page by default for this folder, and then click OK. Now when you click the Hotmail folder in your folder list, you will see the option to log on to your account. You can add a Hotmail folder shortcut to your Outlook Bar by dragging the Hotmail folder to the Outlook Bar.
For additional information about using Outlook Express for Outlook.com, please click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
220852 How to configure Outlook Express to use an Outlook.com accountThe third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 234704 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 14:53:56 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbview kbemail kbhowto kbprb KB234704