New Features in DirectX 7.0
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The key features introduced in DirectX 7.0 include:
- Increased support for hardware acceleration for transformation and lighting. This is performed by a dedicated 3D accelerator that frees up the processor for other mathematical computations.
- Support for environment mapping, which allows creation of greater detail in images and user environments.
- New algorithms for 3D sound that allow greater flexibility in hardware mixing.
- Hardware acceleration for DirectMusic on adapters that support the technology. This allows more user-created soundtracks with added depth.
- Language support for the Microsoft Visual Basic API development system, allowing developers of Visual Basic to use a familiar language in the Microsoft DirectX Software Development Kit (SDK).
Article ID: 234800 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 05:52:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB234800