Error C00D0035 Using Windows Media Player
This article was previously published under Q235063
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
While viewing multimedia content with Windows Media Player, you may receive the following error message:
Cannot open 'http://www.location name.com/file name'. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.
This issue can occur if you are trying to view content from a Web site through your proxy server because your proxy server is not named correctly in Windows Media Player.
To resolve this issue, verify that the correct name for the proxy server is entered in Windows Media Player:
- In Windows Media Player, click Options on the View menu.
- Click the Advanced tab, click Streaming Media, and then click Change.
- Click Use Proxy, and then click Configure Proxy Settings. Enter the appropriate proxy information, click OK, click OK, and then click OK.
Article ID: 235063 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 00:27:34 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.0
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.1
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbnetwork kbprb kbprod2web KB235063