Typing text in a high quality shape in a Visio diagram is very slow when the Pan & Zoom window is open
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a diagram in Microsoft Visio 2010 or in an earlier version of Visio.
- You add a high quality shape to the diagram. For example, you add the Customer shape in the Work Flow Objects stencil, or you add the Application Server shape in the Servers stencil.
- You open the Pan & Zoom window and then type text in the high-quality shape.
In this scenario, when you type text in the high quality shape, typing is very slow.
To work around this behavior, follow these steps:
- Close the Pan & Zoom window.
- Use the keyboard shortcuts to pan and zoom. To do this, do the following:
- Press and hold CTRL+SHIFT, and then use the mouse to draw a rectangle around the region where you want to pan and zoom.
- Use the right mouse button to pan.
- Use the mouse wheel to zoom.
Article ID: 2358652 - Last Review: 08/25/2011 16:38:00 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Visio Premium 2010, Microsoft Visio Professional 2010, Microsoft Visio Standard 2010, Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007, Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003, Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2003, Microsoft Visio 2002 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visio 2002 Standard Edition
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB2358652