OFF2000: Using CorelDRAW Files with Microsoft Office
This article was previously published under Q236303
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The CorelDRAW filter (Cdrimp32.flt) supports .cdr, .cmt, .cdt, and .pat files from CorelDRAW versions 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 and has the following limitations:
- CorelDRAW Preferences, such as page size/orientation, units, grid, and guidelines, are not supported.
- Lenses and powerclips are not supported.
- Pages, layers, and groups are not supported.
- OLE objects are not supported.
- Rotated bitmaps are not supported.
- Object and PostScript texture fills are replaced with solid gray fills.
- Gradient fills are split into mono-colored stripes.
- Vector fills are not supported.
- Multi-area paragraph text is not supported.
- The CMX file format is not supported.
To Import a .pat or .cdt File into an Office Program
- Point to Picture on the Insert menu and then click From File.
- Go to the folder that contains the file you want to import.
- In the File name text box, type one of the following:*.pat
- Click the name of the picture you want to import. Click Insert.
- In the Convert File dialog box, click Corel Draw on the Convert File From list. Click OK.
If the CorelDRAW File Looks WrongIf you have trouble inserting a CorelDRAW graphic, or it does not appear the way you want it to in your Microsoft Office application, use the Export command within CorelDRAW to save the file in an alternative format. If you export the CorelDRAW file in a bitmap format, visual effects that are not supported by the Microsoft Office 2000 CorelDRAW filter may be more closely approximated.
- Open the CorelDRAW file within CorelDRAW or Corel Photo-Paint.
- On the File menu, click Export.
- In the Save as type list, select an alternative graphics format. Some of the more common formats supported by Microsoft Office 2000 are listed:
- Windows Metafile (WMF) - CorelDRAW only
- JPEG Bitmaps (JPG)
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
OFF2000 insert clip gallery clipart artwork error occured importing exchange presentation
Article ID: 236303 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 15:07:36 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbconvert kb3rdparty KB236303