When you install Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), ICS adds an ICS
adapter and an ICS protocol. Note that both of these components must be present for ICS to work correctly. This article describes how ICS appears in the Network tool in Control Panel, and lists some examples of how ICS may be affected when you alter network components.
ICS should look similar to this when you view the Network tool in Control Panel:
Client for Microsoft Networks (or Family Logon)
Dial-Up Adapter (or network Adapter)
Internet Connection Sharing adapter
Internet Connection Sharing Protocol->Dial-Up or Network adapter
Internet Connection Sharing Protocol->Network adapter
Internet Connection Sharing Protocol->Internet Connection Sharing Adapter
TCP/IP(Shared)-> Network or Dial-Up adapter
TCP/IP->Internet Connection Sharing adapterNOTE
: Generally, a dial-up adapter should not be bound to the TCP/IP(home) component. This generally indicates the Home and Internet Adapters need to be switched in ICS Properties.
The following list contains examples of how ICS may be affected when you alter network components:
- Removing the Internet Connection Sharing Adapter
completely removes the Internet Connection Sharing component.
- Removing an IPX/SPX and NetBEUI binding to Internet Connection Sharing Adapter does not harm ICS and should be removed for performance issues. ICS does not utilize these bindings.
- Removing the TCP/IP binding to the Internet Connection Sharing Adapter or any adapter used by ICS does not uninstall ICS but damages ICS functionality. Adding the TCP/IP binding to the Internet Connection Sharing Adapter or an adapter used by ICS restores ICS functionality.
- Removing any of the Adapters or TCP/IP bindings to these adapters does not remove ICS component but of course breaks ICS functionality.
- Removing the Internet Connection Sharing Protocol from an adapter not used by the ICS component does not remove ICS Component and does not affect the ICS functionality provided ICS is not using the Adapter.
- Removing the Internet Connection Sharing Protocol binding to any adapter used by ICS including the Internet Connection Sharing Adapter (Internet Connection Sharing (protocol)->Internet Connection Sharing adapter) does not remove the ICS component but damages the ICS functionality. ICS must be uninstalled and the reinstalled to restore functionality.
Artikkelin tunnus: 236465 - Viimeisin tarkistus: 19. kesäkuuta 2014 - Versio: 3.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbnetwork kbui KB236465|