MOD2000: Deploying Package with MSCal.ocx Causes Error: "The file ...\$(DllSelfRegisterEx) Could Not Be Registered..."
This article was previously published under Q236529
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you deploy a package created by the Microsoft Office 2000 Developer (MOD) Package and Deployment Wizard, you may receive the following error message
The file C:\Windows\Temp\Msftqws.pdw\$(DllSelfRegisterEx) could not be registered because it was not found.and then Setup is not successful.
This problem can occur under the following conditions:
- You are including the Microsoft Calendar Control (MSCal.ocx) in your Run-Time Setup.
- There is a reference to the MSCal.ocx file in your list of library references.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)Microsoft Access 2000 includes a dependency file for the MSCal.ocx file that does not work correctly with the MOD Package and Deployment Wizard. To temporarily work around this problem, you can fix this file. To do so, follow these steps:
- In a text editor such as Notepad, open the MSCal.dep file.
- Remove the letters "Ex" from the Register=$(DLLSelfRegisterEx) line so that it looks as follows:Register=$(DLLSelfRegister)
- Save the MSCal.dep file, and then close Notepad.
- Re-create the package to include the modified dependency file.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- Start the Package and Deployment Wizard.
- On the paged named Package and Deployment Wizard - Included Files, click to select the Include Access Runtime check box, and add the MSCal.ocx file. The default location for this file is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office.
- Create the rest of the package by accepting all defaults.
- Deploy the package to a clean computer (a computer that has a newly installed version of Windows, and no other applications).
pra PDW ART runtime run time The file C Windows Temp Msftqws pdw $(DllSelfRegisterEx) could not be registered because it was not found $ (DllSelfRegisterEx)
Article ID: 236529 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 15:09:38 - Revision: 2.1
Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbappsetup kbbug kbpdwizard kbpending kbwizard KB236529