FrontPage 2000 Form Results Do Not Save to Access Database
This article was previously published under Q236809
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you submit form results online in FrontPage 2000, the data in the form fields is not saved to the database and no error message is received.
The form fields are not correctly mapped to the database columns.
Use the Form Properties
to re-map the forms. To do this, do the following:
- In FrontPage, open the Web and page on which your Form resides.
- Right-click inside the form and click Form Properties.
- Make sure the Send to Database option is enabled.
- Click Options.
- On the Options for Saving Results to Database dialog box, click the Saved Fields tab.
- In the Form Fields to Save area, click to highlight the form field name.
- Click Modify.
- In the Modify Field dialog box, make sure the field name corresponds to the correct column name in the database. (You can choose from the list of columns in the drop-down menu.)
- Click OK twice.
- Save the page and preview it in the browser.
The data will now be saved to the database when the form is submitted.
If not much time and effort was invested in creating the database, let FrontPage create a new database and map the fields and columns for you. To do this, do the following:
- Create an HTML file in FrontPage.
- On the Insert menu, point to Form, and click Form.
- Add any form fields you will need (including Submit Button).
- Right-Click inside the form and click Form Properties.
- On the Form Properties dialog box, click the Send to Database radio button.
- Click Options.
- In the Options for saving results to database dialog box, click Create Database.
- Click OK when FrontPage has successfully created the database.
- Click OK.
In order for a FrontPage Form to correctly save data to a database, the page's form fields must match the columns of the database in which the form field's data will ultimately be stored.
Article ID: 236809 - Last Review: 02/21/2014 00:37:17 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB236809