0x0000007e Error When Registering Olemsg32.dll or Cdo.dll Files
This article was previously published under Q238265
When you use Regsvr32.exe to register the Olemsg32.dll or Cdo.dll files, you may receive the following error message:
GetLastError returns 0x0000007e.LoadLibrary("cdo.dll") failed.
GetLastError returns 0x0000007e.
This behavior occurs because the Olemsg32.dll and Cdo.dll files are being called from the wrong installation point.
To resolve this issue:
- Copy the Olemsg32.dll or Cdo.dll file to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT folder.
- Register the files by using Regsvr32.exe. For example, type the following command:
Regsvr32 Olemsg32.dllThe following success code is displayed:
DllRegisterServer in Olemsg32.dll succeeded.
For additional information, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
BUG: TCProps.dll Fails to Register During Setup
Possible Reasons for OLE Control Registration Failure
Article ID: 238265 - Last Review: 02/27/2007 22:49:09 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition