You cannot connect to an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox by using a MAPI application when a Mailbox server and a Client Access server are installed on different computers
Consider the following scenario:
- In a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment, you have a Mailbox server and a Client Access server that are installed on different computers.
- You have a mailbox that is located in a recovery database on the Mailbox server.
- You try to connect to the mailbox by using a MAPI application, such as MFCMAPI.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2385194 - Last Review: 12/14/2010 13:09:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2385194