OFF2000: "A Newer Version of DCOM95 Had Been Installed" Message During Quiet Mode Setup
This article was previously published under Q238732
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to install Office 2000, an error message similar to the following appears:
A newer version of DCOM95 had been installed. To override, you must uninstall the current version first.
When you click OK
, the installation continues and finishes successfully.
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You are installing Office 2000 in quiet mode with the QN+ switch. -and-
- You are using Windows 95a.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
o2k dcom95 errmsg error message setup install
Article ID: 238732 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 00:28:01 - Revision: 1.6
- Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbqfe KB238732