How to export GAL entries to an Outlook contacts folder
This article was previously published under Q238773
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article explains how to export global address list (GAL) members to a Personal Address Book or a Contacts folder in Microsoft Outlook. The article then explains how to import them to an Outlook Contacts folder.
- By using Outlook, add a personal folder and a Personal Address Book or a Contacts folder to your profile.
Note Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Microsoft Outlook 2002 use the term "Personal Address Book." Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 uses the term "Contacts folder."
- Create a temporary Contacts folder in the new personal folder that you just created.
- On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
- In the Address Book dialog box, click Options on the Tools menu.
- Under Keep personal addresses in, select the name that you provided for the Personal Address Book or the Contacts folder, and then click OK.
- Click to select the contacts that you want to add as Outlook contacts. Right-click the selected contacts, and then click Add to Personal Address Book or Add to Contacts.
- On the File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- In the Select file type to import from list, click Personal Address Book or Contacts, and then click Next.
- Select the temporary Contacts folder that you created previously, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to import the contacts from your Personal Address Book or your Contacts folder to the Contacts folder in your personal folder.
export import msmail fax contacts folder XCLN
Article ID: 238773 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 15:26:29 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition, Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbinfo KB238773