The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:Download the Cumulative Update 3 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Components to which this cumulative update applies
This cumulative update applies to the following Service Manager components:
- Service Manager Management Server (SM Server)
- Data Warehouse Management Server (DW Server)
- Self-Service Portal
- Service Manager Console
- Service Manager Authoring Tool
You can apply this cumulative update to these components. However, if the Self-Service Portal or the Service Manager Console is running on a system that has an English-language locale, you do not have to apply this cumulative update on that system. The fixes for the Self-Service Portal and for the Service Manager Console are only for systems that have non-English-language locales.
How to install this cumulative updateImportant
Before you install this cumulative update, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Back up the ServiceManager database, the DWDataMart database, the DWRepository database, and the DWStagingAndConfig database.
- Back up the encryption keys for SM Server and for DW Server.
For more information about how to back up these databases and these encryption keys, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:Note
This cumulative update cannot be uninstalled after you install it.
To install this cumulative update, follow these steps:
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this cumulative update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Download the cumulative update to a target folder.
Note This cumulative update contains both the x86 version and the x64 version. Download the appropriate version for your system.
- Open the target folder.
- Right-click the SCSM2010_RTM_X86_KB2390520.exe file or the SCSM2010_RTM_AMD64_KB2390520.exe file, and then click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
- For the Data Warehouse Management Server, you have to manually start the System Center Management service after the cumulative update installation is finished.
On the systems that have the Service Manager Authoring Tool installed, follow these steps to update the management packs in the Authoring Tool's Library folder:
- Download the KB2390520_MPLibraryUpdate_AuthoringTool.exe file from the Cumulative Update 3 download page to the local computer on which the Authoring Tool is installed. Double-click KB2390520_MPLibraryUpdate_AuthoringTool.exe, and then wait for the files to be extracted.
- Browse to the folder %SystemDrive%\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010\hotfix_KB2390520\AuthoringToolMPUpdate. This is the location to which the management pack files were extracted.
- Copy all files from that folder to the <Authoring Tool installation drive>\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010 Authoring\Library\ folder, replacing the existing files.
- If the Authoring Tool is running, restart it to load the updated management packs.
If you do not update the management packs in the Authoring Tool's Library folder and then later try to open a management pack in the Service Manager Authoring Tool that references the updated management packs that are included with this cumulative update, you are prompted to specify the location of the updated management packs. The displayed dialog box may contain the following text:
Service Manager Authoring Tool
Referenced management pack not found:
[Name=<Management Pack Name>, Key Token=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.0.5826.886].
Click Ok to manually locate it
How to verify a successful installation of this cumulative update
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- The following item is listed:
If the system is running SM Server, Self-Service Portal, or Service Manager Console, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
- Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM2010_RTM_KB2390520)
If the system is running DW server, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager DataWarehouse.
View the log files to determine whether any error occurred during the installation of this cumulative update.
On x86-based systems, you can verify the following log files in the %temp% folder:
On x64-based systems, you can verify the following log files in the %temp% folder: