Office 365 Desktop Setup Tool cannot download updates or you receive an "Your computer is not allowed to connect to the Microsoft Update service" error message
You may experience these symptoms even though the computer is set up to automatically receive Windows updates.
Method 1: Verify the Group Policy setting
Make sure that the computer can access Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
- Enable Windows Update and Automatic Updates. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Group Policy MMC snap-in, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, expand Internet Communication Management, and then click the Internet Communication node.
- In the details pane, double-click Turn off access to all Windows Update features, click Disabled, and then click OK.
- Enable Windows Update and Automatic Updates by allowing access to Windows Update commands. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Group Policy snap-in, expand User Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, and then click the Start Menu and Taskbar node.
- In the details pane, double-click Remove links and access to Windows Update, click Disabled, and then click OK.
Make sure that you can access other websites. If you can't access other websites, your Internet connection may not be working correctly. Contact your Internet service provider for help.
If you can connect to other Internet websites and you can't connect to Windows Update or Microsoft Update, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles
In this scenario, Group Policy or other security configurations may block access to Windows Update or to Microsoft Update. This issue may also occur when a Windows Update component must be installed on the computer before the updates can be completed.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Artikkelin tunnus: 2392274 – Viimeisin tarkistus: 10/04/2014 01:17:00 – Versio: 44.0
- o365 o365a o365e o365p o365m o365022013 KB2392274