Works 2000: Header and Footer Margin Settings Revert to Default Settings
This article was previously published under Q239243
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you change the header and footer margin settings in a Microsoft Works Word Processor document, and you then open the Word Processor document in Microsoft Word, the header and footer margin settings may revert to the default settings.
This behavior can occur if the Works Word Processor document is saved as a Rich Text Format (*.rtf) file, and the .rtf file is then opened in Word.
NOTE: If there is no text in the body of the document, the header and footer margins are retained.
To work around this behavior, change the header and footer margins in Word after you open the .rtf file. To do so, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Word.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to select the .rtf file that you want, and then click Open.
- On the File menu, click Page Setup.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, click the Margins tab.
- Under From edge, change the Header and Footer values, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 239243 - Last Review: 10/21/2013 23:43:31 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Works 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbpending kbui KB239243