Webpage with complex graphics opens slowly in Internet Explorer 9
- Start Internet Explorer 9.
- Click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- On the Advanced tab, locate the Accelerated graphics section.
- Click to clear the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box.
If the check box is greyed out, install the latest video driver that supports GPU hardware acceleration from the video card manufacturer website.
Note If installing the latest video driver does not resolve this issue, you may have to upgrade your video card to one that supports GPU hardware acceleration.
By default, Internet Explorer 9 uses GPU Rendering mode. However, some outdated video cards and video drivers do not support GPU hardware acceleration. If Internet Explorer 9 determines that your current video card or video driver does not support GPU hardware acceleration, Internet Explorer 9 uses Software Rendering mode.
Article ID: 2398082 - Last Review: 10/14/2013 03:14:00 - Revision: 8.0
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbexpertisebeginner kbcip KB2398082