Useful Terminal Services Resource Kit Utilities
This article was previously published under Q240444
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
There are several useful Terminal Services utilities available in the Windows 2000 Resource Kit. This article describes some of these utilities.
- Appsec: Used to restrict non-administrative users' execution access to a limited set of authorized programs.
- Drive Share: Used to share and connect to local drives during Terminal Services client session initialization.
- File Copy: Provides copy/paste file transfer between a Terminal Services client session and a local desktop.
- Lsreport: Used to connect to Terminal Services License servers and display information about the license key packs installed on the servers.
- Lsview: Used to display the name and type of currently available License servers in a domain.
- Roboclient: A Terminal Services capacity-planning tool.
- Simclient: A Terminal Services capacity-planning tool.
- Tsreg: A graphic utility to change client registry settings relating to bitmap caching, glyph caching, and so on.
- Tsver: Used for allowing or disallowing client connections based on the client version.
- Winsta: Used for monitoring Terminal Services client sessions.
Article ID: 240444 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 08:06:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB240444