"An unknown error has occurred in Outlook" - Error code 17199
When you try to send an email message in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011, you receive the following error message:
You may receive an additional message that prompts you to re-enter your email password. Click Yes, and then enter your password.
An unknown error has occurred in Outlook. A message in your Outlook could not be sent. The account which created the message could not be found.
Error code: - 17199
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Step 1: Verify that you can connect on the web
First, test to see whether you can sign in by using the web-based application. For example, if you have a Gmail account, visit gmail.com, and then sign in.
If you can sign in, go to the next step. If you cannot sign in, contact your email provider to obtain the correct user name and the password.
Step 2: Delete all emails in Outbox
Open your Outbox and delete all outgoing emails then click Send/Receive. If the issue continues to occur, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Re-enter your user name and password
To re-enter your user name and password information, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- On the left side of the window, select your email account.
- Enter the correct email address and the password.
- Verify that the listed "Incoming server" and "Outgoing server" are correct.
- Click the red button in the upper-left corner of the window to close the window.
Article ID: 2405597 - Last Review: 08/26/2011 21:48:00 - Revision: 4.1
Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- dftsdahomeportal KB2405597