Error message in Outlook 2011 for Mac states that the database is damaged or cannot be accessed
You receive an error message in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 that states that the database is damaged or cannot be accessed.
Method 1: Rebuild the Outlook database or create a new identityFor information about how to rebuild the Outlook database or create a new identity, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2360509 Rebuild the Outlook for Mac 2011 database to resolve problemsIf this method did not resolve the problem, go to the next method.
Method 2: Repair disk permissionsTo repair disk permissions, follow these steps.
Note Before you start, quit all open applications.
- In the Finder, click Go, and then select Home. Open the Applications folder. Open the Utilities folder.
- In the column on the left side of the Disk Utility window, select your Macintosh HD.
- Click the First Aid tab.
- Click Repair Disk Permissions.
- After the repair is completed, restart the computer.
Article ID: 2410509 - Last Review: 08/29/2011 14:54:00 - Revision: 3.1
Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- dftsdahomeportal KB2410509