Command Line Options Available for Windows Media Player
This article was previously published under Q241422
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When starting the Windows Media Player from a command prompt, you can specify several startup parameters.
The Windows Media Player has several command line options:
- /open: Open the file, don't automatically start playing.
- /play: Start playing the file as soon the player is launched.
- /close: Close the player after playback (only works when used with /play).
- /fullscreen: Start the file in full-screen mode.
- /new: Use a new instance of the player.
For example, to play a file and close the player when done:
Mplayer2.exe /play /close C:\Asfroot\Sample.asf
netshow wms wmp
Article ID: 241422 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 15:51:44 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.4
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbproductlink kbinfo KB241422