Works Suite: How to Convert Works Word Processor Documents to Word 2000
This article was previously published under Q241801
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft Word 2000 is the word processor included in Works Suite.
Works Suite includes a Batch Conversion Wizard that converts allof your word processor documents created using Microsoft Works 3.x andlater to the Microsoft Word 2000 format.
To use the Batch Conversion Wizard:
- Start Word 2000.
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click More Word Templates.
- Click the Other Documents tab.
- Click Batch Conversion Wizard, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to insert the Microsoft Word 2000 CD-ROM, do so, and then click OK.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to run the Conversion Wizard.
NOTE: Works 4.5 is not listed in the Convert fromanother format to Word list. To convert a Works 4.5 document to Word,click Works 4.0 for Windows, and then click Next.
w_works works2k w2001 wkswp converting wd2000
Article ID: 241801 - Last Review: 01/25/2007 01:20:14 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Works Suite 2000
- Microsoft Works Suite 2001
- kbaddin kbhowto kbui KB241801