Misspelled word not flagged when checking the spelling of mail merged document
This article was previously published under Q242339
When you check the spelling in a merged Word document, Word may not flag all misspelled words. In particular, Word may miss those words that result from the merge fields in the main document.
During the merge process, Word marks the merge field results with a special language format by selecting the Do not check spelling or grammar check box.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Perform the mail merge to a document rather than to the printer.
- In the merged document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document.
- On the Tools menu, point to Language, and click Set Language.
- Select English (U.S.), and clear the Do not check spelling or grammar check box.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
print merge field proof speller spelling mispelling wrong red wavy squiggly automatic doesn't won't misspelling
Article ID: 242339 - Last Review: 01/25/2007 01:21:08 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- kbbug kbfield kbnofix kbproof KB242339