When you schedule a meeting in Skype for Business Online (formerly Lync Online) in Office 365, you may experience one of the following symptoms.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Lync 2010 or Lync 2013 is installed on the computer. However, you can't find the options in Outlook to schedule or to configure the meeting. ||Either the Lync conferencing add-in is disabled or isn't working correctly.||See resolution for Outlook 2010 and 2013|
|When you try to edit the options for the meeting, you receive the following error message: |
Changes to this occurrence won’t apply to the online meeting associated with this series. To change the online meeting, open the series and then make changes.
|This is expected behavior if you’re only trying to edit a single meeting in a recurring series.||See resolution for symptom 2|
|Dial-in conferencing information isn't populated in the meeting invitation. Or, the information that's populated in the invitation doesn't work.||The user isn't enabled for dial-in conferencing, or provisioned with the incorrect settings.||See resolution for symptom 3|
Before you continue, visit and complete the Guided Walkthrough and Troubleshooter for Scheduling Lync Meetings at the following Microsoft website:
To resolve symptom 1 for Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
Verify that the Online Meeting Add-in for Lync 2010 or the Lync Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office is installed and enabled in Outlook. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Outlook, click the File tab, click Options, and then click Add-Ins.
- Take one of the following actions:
- If the add-in is in the Inactive Application Add-ins list, follow these steps:
- In the Manage drop-down list at the bottom of the dialog box, click COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
- Click to select the check box next to the add-in, and then click OK.
The New Online Meeting button should now be available in Calendar View, and the Online Meeting button should be available when you create a new calendar item.
- If the add-in is in the Disabled Application add-ins list, follow these steps:
- In the Manage drop-down list at the bottom of the dialog box, click Disabled Items, and then click Go.
- Select the add-in, and then click Enable.
- Restart Outlook, and then verify that the add-in is displayed in the Add-ins dialog box.
The New Online Meeting button should now be available in Calendar View, and the Online Meeting button should now be available when you create a new calendar item.
- In Event Viewer, view the Application log to see whether an error was logged for Outlook, for Lync 2010 or Lync 2013, the Online Meeting Add-in for Lync 2010 or the Lync Meeting Add-in for Office 2013.
To resolve symptom 2
- Don't edit a specific occurrence of the Skype for Business Online meeting. Instead, edit the whole series.
- If you have to change just one occurrence of the meeting, you must create a new meeting to replace the one occurrence or change the whole series.
- If the error occurs for a meeting that isn't part of a larger series, delete the meeting, and then re-create it.
To resolve symptom 3
Verify that the user is provisioned correctly for the Audio Conferencing Provider (ACP). Verify that the information for that user in the Dial-In Conferencing Control Panel exactly matches the information that the ACP provided.
For more information about how to troubleshoot ACP provisioning issues, go to the following Microsoft websites:
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2423906 - Last Review: April 30, 2015 - Revision: 36.0
- Skype for Business Online
|o365 o365022013 o365a o365e o365p o365m gwt guided walk through KB2423906|