Error Message: Explorer Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Macxw4.drv
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If this article does not describe the error message that you are receiving, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to view more articles that describe error messages:
Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center
When you click the Security
tab in the Internet Properties
dialog box, or you attempt to browse online, you may receive one of the following error messages:
EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in module MACXW4.DRV
TVX98 caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT20.DLL
Rundll32 caused a general protection fault in module Macxw4.drv
You may also receive random error messages similar to those listed above.
This behavior can occur if you are using outdated or damaged drivers for your ATI video adapter.
To resolve this behavior, obtain and install updated video drivers from ATI.
To work around this behavior, reduce your video graphics acceleration setting:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
- Click the Performance tab, and then click Graphics.
- Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to one notch from the left (the Basic accelerator functions setting).
- Click OK, and then click Close.
- Click Yes when you are prompted to restart your computer.
For additional information about troubleshooting video problems, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Troubleshooting Video Problems in Windows
macxw4 drv msvcrt20 wmehemaug
Article ID: 242512 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 06:18:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbgpf kbhardware kbinvalidpagefault kbprb KB242512