You cannot connect to an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox simultaneously by using Outlook Anywhere from several Windows XP-based computers
Consider the following scenario:
- You deploy several Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Client Access servers in an Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You configure load balancing on the Client Access servers by using source IP affinity.
- You use Outlook Anywhere to connect to a mailbox from a Windows XP-based computer.
- You try to connect to the mailbox simultaneously by using Outlook Anywhere from another Windows XP-based computer.
In this scenario, you cannot connect to the mailbox from the second Windows XP-based computer.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about load balancing in Exchange Server 2010, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more information about Outlook Anywhere, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2431500 - Last Review: 12/14/2010 13:15:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2431500