A connection test in the Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook is unsuccessful where only an A record is available but no SRV record is available in an Office Communications Server environment
- In a Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) environment, only an A record for the OCS front-end server is available. No Service Location (SRV) record for automatic client logon is available.
- You try to use the Test Connection function in the Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook, which uses automatic discovery.
- Use an SRV record instead of an A record for the OCS front-end server in the OCS environment. For more information, click the following link to view the Microsoft TechNet article:
Create and Verify DNS Records for Your Server or Pool
- In Advanced Connection Settings in Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook, specify the following settings to comply with the settings on the OCS front-end server:
- Server name and port number.
- Connection protocol.
Article ID: 2432099 - Last Review: 08/26/2011 18:42:00 - Revision: 2.1
- kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2432099