How to create a Data Access Page linked to Access database in a FrontPage Web
This article was previously published under Q243842
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article explains how to create a Data Access Page that is linked to an Access database in a Microsoft FrontPage Web.
To create a Data Access Page where the data source is the database in a FrontPage Web, follow these steps:
- Open the FrontPage Web that includes the Access database.
- Double-click the Access database so that it opens in Access 2000.
- In Access 2000, on the File menu, click New.
- In the New dialog box, click Data Access Page and then click OK.
- In the New Data Access Page Wizard, select one of the three wizards for page creation, or select Design view to create your own.
- In the Choose table or query where the object's data comes from box, select the appropriate table or query for your page.
- If you selected a wizard, complete all the steps in the wizard. If Design view was selected, proceed to the next step.
- On the File menu, click Save.
- In the Save Data Access Page dialog box, browse to the location of the FrontPage Web where your Access database is located, and click Save to save the Data Access Page to that location.
When previewing your Data Access Page in a browser, you need to select the Access Data Sources Across Domains option by doing the following:
- In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Click the appropriate security zone (that is, Local Intranet, Internet, Trusted Sites, or Restricted Sites), and then click Custom Level.NOTE: The security zone may vary according to user.
- In the Security Settings dialog box, under the Access Data Sources Across Domains option, click the Prompt button and then click OK.
- Click OK again.
front page fp2k
Article ID: 243842 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 16:17:16 - Revision: 2.1
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbdatabase kbconfig kbwizard KB243842