An Office Communicator 2007 R2 user does not receive instant messages from another user
Consider the following scenario:
- User A and User B are using Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2.
- User A uses the Office Communicator 2007 R2 version 3.5.6907.83.
- User A is an owner of a security group or a distribution group.
- The URI of User A appears in the email address field of the group properties.
- User A tries to send an instant message to User B.
In this scenario, User B does not receive the instant message.Note
This issue does not occur if User B searches for User A by using Office Communicator 2007 R2 before User A sends the instant message.
This issue occurs because the security group or the distribution group is returned instead of the user contact when the URI of User A is searched by User B.
To fix this problem, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Communicator 2007 R2: November 2010
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Delete the email address attribute from the security group or the distribution group that matches with the URI of User A.
- Replace the email address attribute in the security group or the distribution group by using a unique email address.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2447995 - Last Review: 12/17/2010 07:51:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2447995