A hotfix is available to disable certain functions in the Office Communicator 2007 R2 conversation window when you join a Lync 2010 Attendee initiated conference by using Office Communicator 2007 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You join an online meeting that is created by Lync 2010 Attendee on a computer that is running Office Communicator 2007 R2.
- You join the online meeting by using Lync Web App.
- You use Office Communicator 2007 R2 to connect to the online meeting to use voice.
In this scenario, certain functions in the conversation window of Office Communicator 2007 R2 duplicate with the functions in Lync Web App. This behavior can be confusing.
Install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Communicator 2007 R2: November 2010
This hotfix disables the following functions in the conversation window that is described in the “Symptoms” section:
- Video call
- Instant Message
- File transfer
- Invite a contact
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2449138 - Last Review: 12/17/2010 07:53:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2449138