Volume Control Icon Is No Longer Displayed on the Taskbar
This article was previously published under Q245692
The Volume Control icon is not displayed on the taskbar.
This behavior occurs because the system tray is not being loaded at startup.
To resolve this issue:
- Click Start, click Run, type msconfig in the Open box, and then click OK.
- On the Startup tab, click System Tray (SysTray.exe) so that a check mark appears next to this item.
- Click OK, and then click Yes when you are prompted to restart the computer.
For additional information about volume control, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Volume Control Icon No Longer Visible on the Taskbar
Article ID: 245692 - Last Review: 01/25/2007 01:25:59 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition