DTMF inputs are not accepted by a UM auto attendant while the greeting message is playing in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a Unified Messaging (UM) auto attendant in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 UM environment.
- You configure the UM auto attendant to accept only dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) inputs. When you do this, the UM auto attendant does not accept voice inputs.
- You make a call that is answered by the UM auto attendant, and the greeting message is played back.
- You type the extension number of a user while the greeting message is playing.
In this scenario, your call does not get transferred as expected.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2477139 - Last Review: 03/31/2011 08:31:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup KB2477139