XCLN: Error Message: Outlook Could Not Update Your Local Calendar
This article was previously published under Q247943
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you run Outlook and connect to an Exchange Server computer, you may receive the following error message:
Outlook could not update your local calendar.NOTE
: This problem can only be reproduced when you run Outlook on the same Exchange Server computer that Outlook is connecting to, and when offline folders (.ost) are configured.
The problem is caused by incompatibilities between the Emsmdb32.dll file on the Exchange Server computer, and the Outlook 2000 Emsmdb32.dll file.
To work around this problem:
- Run the Outlook client from a different computer.
- Install Outlook on the server only when all Exchange Server services have stopped.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5.
Article ID: 247943 - Last Review: 10/22/2013 03:42:52 - Revision: 3.3
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbnofix kbprb KB247943