IIS Error: 404.1 Web Site Not Found
This article was previously published under Q248034
When attempting to connect to an Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Web server, you may see the following error:
The Web site cannot be found.
The Web site you are looking for is unavailable due to its identification configuration settings.
HTTP 404.1 - Web site not found
Internet Information Services
This error indicates that the Web site you are trying to access has an IP address that does not accept requests for the port on which this request came.
Verify that you have the correct site name or IP address for the server. If you do have the correct information, ask the site administrator to check the following:
- From the Internet Services Manager, open the properties for the Web site in question.
- Under the Web Site tab, verify that the correct IP address and port are listed in the Web Server's Web Site Identification.
- If multiple Identities are listed, attempt to connect using one of the identities listed and/or remove the extra identities from the site.
Article ID: 248034 - Last Review: 10/10/2012 20:12:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
- kbprb kbprod2web KB248034