You cannot create or join a Live Meeting conference from an external network by using a Live Meeting 2007 client
Consider the following scenario:
- Your Microsoft Live Meeting 2007 client is version 8.0.6362.191.
- You configure your Live Meeting 2007 client to use specified internal and external servers in Advanced Connection Settings.
- When you are connected from an external network, you try to create a Live Meeting conference by clicking Meet Now, or you try to join a Live Meeting conference.
In this scenario, your attempt to create or to join a Live Meeting conference is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
A serious error has occurred and you are being disconnected from this live meeting. Please contact your system administrator.Note
This issue occurs even if you can successfully complete the following tasks in your Live Meeting 2007 client:
- You test the connection when you are connected to internal network.
- You create a Live Meeting conference by clicking Meet Now when you are connected to internal network.
- You test the connection when you are connected from external network.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the update package for the Windows-based Live Meeting 2007 client: January 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2482428 - Last Review: 08/12/2011 23:08:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter vkbportal107 vkbportal230 KB2482428