When trying to create a new switchboard form in a *.accdb client database in Microsoft Access 2010, you are unable to locate the Switchboard Manager option in the ribbon. In an .mdb database in Microsoft Access 2010 the Switchboard Manager option appears in the Administer group on the Database Tools tab; however, the Administer group does not appear on the ribbon in an .accdb file.
Microsoft is investigating this problem.
You can launch the Switchboard Manager in an .accdb file in Access 2010 by using one of the following methods:
Method 1: Runthe Switchboard Manager by using VBA Code 1. Open the Visual Basic Editor by pressing Ctrl+G.
2. In the Immediate Window type: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSwitchboardManager 3. In the Microsoft Access window you will see the message "The Switchboard Manager was unable to find a valid switchboard in this database. Would you like to create one?" Click Yes.
Method 2: Run the Switchboard Manager by creating a macro 1. On Microsoft Access ribbon select the Create tab and in the Macros & Code group click Macro
2. Select the action RunMenuCommand 3. Select the command SwitchboardManager
4. Save the macro and run it.
5. You will see the message "The Switchboard Manager was unable to find a valid switchboard in this database. Would you like to create one?" Click Yes.
Method 3: Customize the ribbon by creating a custom group and adding the "Switchboard Manager" command
1. Open your .accdb client database in Microsoft Access 2010
2. Select the File tab > Options > Customize Ribbon
3. In the right column, highlight "Database Tools"
4. Click "New Group". Click Rename to name the group "Switchboard"
5. In the "Choose commands from:" combo box at the top of the window, select 'All Commands'
6. Scroll down and highlight "Switchboard Manager"
7. Click Add to add the "Switchboard Manager" to the new group you created under the "Database Tools" tab
8. Click Ok to close the Access Options
9. You should now see the "Switchboard Manager" under the "Database Tools" tab
Note that if you use Method 3, you will see both the Switchboard group and the Administer group on the Database Tools tab in an .mdb file in Microsoft Access 2010.