Outlook 2007 cannot send or receive email after you install KB2412171
- There is a delay when switching between email folders in the navigation pane
- The Auto Archive feature is no longer available
- You encounter errors when sending or receiving email because your Internet email account is configured to use Secure Password Authentication (SPA), but the mail server does not support SPA authentication.
To resolve this issue, click to download and install the current version of update 2412171 from the Microsoft Download Center.
For Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- For Windows 7, select the option for Large icons or Small icons in the View by section in the upper-right corner of your screen. For Windows Vista, select Classic View in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Select Programs and Features.
- In the left navigation pane, select the View installed updates option.
- In the list of updates, look for update KB2412171. If you locate this update click to select it, and then click the Uninstall option. Restart your computer if you are prompted.
Video: How to uninstall an update in Windows 7
For Windows XP
- Click Start and Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl and then click OK.
- Click to select the Show updates check box.
- In the list of updates, look for update KB2412171. If you locate this update click to select it, and then click the Remove option. Restart your computer if you are prompted.
940226 - How to troubleshoot performance issues in Outlook 2007
Article ID: 2485531 - Last Review: 09/02/2013 09:05:00 - Revision: 20.0
- kbcip kbvideocontent KB2485531